Chapter Activities and Projects
Webmaster: The DAR National Activities content which appears on this page of your site is kept in a centralized location. It will appear on your page, but not in the editor. If you choose not to use this content, let the VIS Administrator (email@example.com) know and she can remove the centralized content. This content can only be changed by VIS.
Any content you add to this page should go below the highlighted paragraphs you are reading. The paragraphs you are reading will not appear in the actual web page. Do not use the Heading 6 style for your content.
The chapter has numerous projects:
- The San Antonio Chapter is the caretaker of the Madonna of the Trail Statue in Upland, California. Funds for maintenance and cleaning of the statue are raised by the chapter.
- The chapter also promotes essay contests in local schools and provides awards for citizenship and Reserve Officers' Training Corps (ROTC) medals to local schools.
- We participate every year in the Memorial Day program at Bellevue Cemetery in Ontario, CA.
- We support veterans and active duty military by making donations of supplies to the USO, Loma Linda Veterans Hospital, and Operation Gratitude.
- We collect soup labels and box tops for education to support the DAR sponsored schools.
- We have supported local historic sites by placing a DAR historical marker at the former CAL-AERO Flight Academy at the Chino Airport Planes of Fame Museum and assisting with an irrigation and landscaping project at the historic Rains House in Rancho Cucamonga.